Some Missouri Residents Want To Secede From U.S.
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – There’s a movement going across America with petitioners asking for the right for their state to secede from the United States. The movement has gained some note since the November 6th elections, with at least 18 states filing petitions with the White House.
The petitions have been filed to the White House website, once a petition gets 25,000 signatures the White House will review the document and then issue a formal response.
As of Wednesday, only the Texas petition has exceeded the 25,000 signature benchmark. The Missouri petition had some 13,000 signatures as for midday Tuesday.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir