Bernthal-The Way It Oughta Be: Neighbors Leaves
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KPLR) – What to do when the neighbor’s leaves land in your yard. Here’s JB with The Way It Oughta Be.
I’m lucky. I have good neighbors who don’t seem to mind when my leaves land in their yard.
Especially the neighbor on this side of the fence. He has no trees in his back yard so any leaves that land in his yard came from someone else’s trees.
But here’s the deal. It’s not written down anywhere but there is a leaf etiquette that some neighbors are unaware of.
It requires some giving from each party.
First, the tree owner. If you know your leaves are ending up in the neighbor’s yard, the proper action is to offer to rake them or take out a leaf blower and send them back into your yard.
As for the homeowner without any trees, that person needs to realize that just because you don’t have any trees, doesn’t mean leaves won’t land in your yard.
No one can control which direction the wind blows.
So I know this can be a stressful time for neighbors but relax, there will be snow soon enough.
I’m JB and that’s The Way It Oughta Be.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true