MLB, Chevy, David Freese Renovate North City Ballfield
NORTH ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)-The St. Louis Cardinals are the reigning World Series Champions for just a few more days, but St. Louis is still benefiting from them big 2011 win. For the third year, Chevrolet has awarded the World Series Most Valuable Player the opportunity to refurbish a baseball field in his hometown. On Saturday, the field makeover at Penrose Park was revealed.
It’s called the Chevrolet Diamonds and Dreams program and it aims to provide young people with the chance to play on professional-quality baseball fields.
The field makeover honors St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese, the 2011 World Series MVP. Freese, together with Major League Baseball and Chevrolet, selected the field at Penrose Park.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic