Mediation Law Would’ve Prevented Eviction Arrest In Florissant
FLORISSANT, MO (KPLR)– A Florissant man lost his home to foreclosure and was arrested Monday.
Amateur video shows homeowner Joe Colvin struggling with police as they came to evict him.
He and an anti-foreclosure activist were both arrested. Colvin says U.S. Bank which holds the mortgage refused to renegotiate.
A law passed in St. Louis County in August would have prevented this by requiring mediation between a bank and homeowner before eviction. But the law’s on hold because a bank sued to stop it.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir