Mediation Law Would’ve Prevented Eviction Arrest In Florissant
FLORISSANT, MO (KPLR)– A Florissant man lost his home to foreclosure and was arrested Monday.
Amateur video shows homeowner Joe Colvin struggling with police as they came to evict him.
He and an anti-foreclosure activist were both arrested. Colvin says U.S. Bank which holds the mortgage refused to renegotiate.
A law passed in St. Louis County in August would have prevented this by requiring mediation between a bank and homeowner before eviction. But the law’s on hold because a bank sued to stop it.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic