Cards Crush Nationals In Game 3; 8-0
WASHINGTON DC (KPLR) – Chris Carpenter was determined to return in 2012. Nobody thought it was likely but Carpenter made sure he was back from surgery in time for another October run. And it was Carpenter on the mound as the Cardinals beat the Washington Nationals 8-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the National League Division Series. Carpenter pitched 5 and 2/3 innings of shutout ball in just his fourth start of 2012. The win improved Carpenter’s post-season record to 10-2 as a Cardinal.
The offense was led by Pete Kozma’s 3 run homer in the second inning off the Nationals starter Edwin Jackson.
Matt Holliday added 3 hits and 2 RBI as the Cardinals followed up the 12 run explosion from Game 2 of the NLDS with another big show by the offense.
The Cardinals can finish off the Nationals with a win in Game 4 on Thursday. It’s Kyle Lohse vs Washington’s Ross Detwiler. Detwiler is a Wentzville, Missouri native. The game will start at 3:07pm. Tune in to FOX-2 for Cardinal reports live from Washington, DC with Maurice Drummond.
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Watch the new Godzilla movie trailer
- School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy