Construction To Begin Tuesday on Chain of Rocks Bridge
GRANITE CITY, IL (KTVI) – Drivers, beware. There will be delays on the Chain of Rocks bridge beginning Tuesday morning.
The construction zone cones are already in place. The Illinois Department of Transportation say crews are going to make needed repairs to the bridge. Officials say fro two weeks starting Tuesday, there will be lane restrictions heading eastbound.
IDOT says instead of two lanes going east, there will only be one. Then, when that work is finished, there will be lane restrictions heading westbound for one week. Westbound traffic could be reduced during those repairs as well.
IDOT is urging drivers to use extreme caution through this work zone and expect delays. IDOT says the work will begin Tuesday because of Columbus Day.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire