Bonne Terre Business Owners Foil Con Artist
LEADINGTON, MO. (KPLR) – Bonne Terre business owners and the Leadington police department are warning businesses about scrap metal con artists.
The owner seems to have caught the culprits in the act. When Ed and Chris Yoder received a visit from three men with a huge wad of $100 dollar bills, offering cash for scrap items in on their property, they grew suspicious and decided to do some investigating of their own.
Ed and Chris took the names and license plates of the three men and looked them up on the internet.
Their search revealed criminal records for all three men under suspicion of scrap metal theft and con artist work.
Chris Yoder posted this information on her Facebook page and immediately heard back from a business in Leadington that had recently been victimized by the three men.
The men are known to offer cash down payment for scrap items, return in the middle of the night or later in the week and take the items without paying the rest of the amount owed.
Thankfully, the Yoder’s notified the police and have not seen the three men since.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone