Pulse – Metro East Levee System
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – This week’s edition of The Pulse of St. Louis is about the Metro East levee system. It’s been five years since the Federal Emergency Management Agency announced requirements to upgrade the levee system. However, at this point, the work has not been done. Illinois officials blame the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and its bureaucracy for the delay.
However, the Corps blames Illinois officials for not meeting design specifications. The Corps approves the permits and certificates for the project. Corps officials say they will not issue them until the plan meets their approval. Meantime, the Corps made it clear the levees, which run from the Mississippi River in Madison, St. Clair, and Monroe Counties are safe.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic