Exposed Sandbars On Mississippi River Creating New Danger
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KPLR) – Low river levels are exposing a new danger. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Coast Guard have issued warnings about sandbars sticking out of the low water along the Mississippi River. They say, sandbars may look like a beach, but are very unstable and may collapse under the weight of a person.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone