The fire broke out at the Shoettler Village Apartments around 2:00 a.m. Friday. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke coming from the building. They pulled a man out and started going door to door trying to wake residents.
The fire went to three alarms. Monarch Fire Protection Chief Tom Vineyard says crews also rescued tow people from smokey balconies. Also, one firefighters somehow suffered a minor shoulder injury and when to the hospital.
The American Red Cross took those families to the leasing office gave the firefighters water on the scene.