Comedy Central Shows Target Missouri Bills
(KPLR) – For the second time this week, Missouri has become the butt of a national comedian’s joke. Thursday on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, comedian Aasif Mandvi talked to Missouri state representative Wanda Brown about a bill that could protect the rights of gun owners and prevent them from being fired, even though gun owners are protected by the Second Amendment.
But when Mandvi questions the need for such a bill and if Brown would support the rights of gay Missourians, Brown could not give a definitive answer.
On Monday, comedian Stephen Colbert poked fun at Missouri’s now punned, “Don’t Say Gay” Bill.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir