Space Heater May Be To Blame For Early Morning Fire In Hillsdale

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A space heater may be to blame for a fire that left a family in Hillsdale, homeless.

Nine people, including children, were forced out of the home that occurred just after 5 a.m. on Oakdale Avenue near St. Louis Avenue.

The mother was at work at the time.

The oldest child, a 16-year-old girl, helped get everyone out safely.